Unable to Access Wiley KnowItAll (2020+) Databases using PerkinElmer Spectrum
Why can't I access my Wiley KnowItAll (2020+) databases using PerkinElmer Spectrum?
If you are seeing the "maximum installations" or "access denied" message, a security conflict has occurred between KnowItAll 2020 or newer and Spectrum. Installing the update below should resolve the security conflict.
- Close KnowItAll ID Expert and Spectrum
- Open File Explorer in Windows and make sure you are able to view hidden files and folders. If you do not know how to do this, then please refer to this Microsoft knowledge article.
- Delete the hidden License folder from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Delete the hidden License folder from C:\Users\Public\Documents\Wiley
- Download the updated files from https://www.paastech.com/filedownload/610271
- Unzip the files from the download and copy them to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\PerkinElmer
- Click Yes to replace all files
- Start ID Expert
- ID Expert should ask for license activation information. Activate the license using ID Expert
- Close ID Expert
- Start Spectrum and access the databases